Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hong Kong Happenings


Day two. By far, my most touristy day in Hong Kong. I spent the entire day with an amazingly sweet girl! Jessie studied abroad at ASU a few semesters ago when I first met her. Thank you Marcus for introducing us! I spent about 14 hours with her that day and am very VERY grateful for her company and time. 

First stop. Ocean Park. :) 
This is basically a smaller version of Sea World. I haven't been here since I was a little girl. My favorite parts about Ocean Park:


 Hanging out with Jessie and learning even more about Hong Kong
 The animals and how lazy they seemed! The pandas had their own ac, in a temperature-controlled habitat. A lot of them pooped on command, especially the birds. :P
 The giant balloon ride that lets you see all of the lower half of the park. It was about an hour wait, but I think it was worth it. I only wish that we were up in the air longer.
 The sea lion show, and discovering that sea lions have belly buttons!
The Sea Dreams show when the "scared volunteer" fell into the water and was rescued out of it by a dolphin and "resuscitated" by a sea lion. 

We attempted to go to Victoria Peak... but the line for the tram (or rather, the mass of people) was three hours long. We passed. But I will go! Eventually, with a better camera. Anyways, our next stops were 1881 Heritage (I'm actually not sure if this is the name of the place), Victoria Harbor and Avenue of Stars:





 Day Three. It was spent at the Hong Kong Wetland Park. It is exactly like it sounds:



You don't hear the bustle of city life. 








The further you head in, the less evidence of the city. 



I thought that this place was like a hidden gem. It really was a shame that it was so hot out! I think all the animals went to cool off in their respective shades, so we didn't see as much as we could have. 

I have some interesting details to add, but later. I am headed to Guangzhou, Guangdong, China tomorrow! <3

1 comment:

  1. Christy! I think it is super awesome you are keeping a blog of your summer! It sounds like you are having some awesome adventures already - I can't wait to read about more! :] I miss you!

    <3

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete